What we do at FOSYM
Music changes young people’s lives for the better. It provides focus, raises self-esteem, develops ambition and builds friendships.
We work to encourage and support musical activity amongst Staffordshire’s young people. Whether through concerts, prizes or purchasing instruments, we do all we can to bring the positive difference made by music to as many young lives as possible.
FOSYM is a partner organisation in the The North-West Midlands Music Education Hub (SSMEH) which has been formed to ensure that every child aged 5-18 has the opportunity to sing and learn a musical instrument and to perform as part of an ensemble or choir as recommended in the National Plan for Music Education.
We warmly invite you to help in our mission.
FOSYM makes a difference by:
- Raising funds to help buy musical instruments and other equipment.
- Supporting concerts and music courses with volunteers and funding.
- Awarding annual prizes to encourage young musicians in Staffordshire.
- Offering opportunities for young people to perform their music, allowing them to develop both musical and social skills.
- Sponsoring events for young musicians, including Staffordshire Young Musician of the Year.